According to research by Brandon Hall Group, employee retention rates can be improved by 82 percent if a company handles its onboarding practices well. Not only that, but productivity can also be improved by over 70 percent, according to the same research. So a company needs to be successful at its onboarding.
A great onboarding experience will familiarize new employees with company culture and the company's performance expectations from them. As a result, new employees will adapt to the workplace more efficiently and be more productive in a shorter period. Here are some great methods for an effective onboarding plan.
Getting ready for the onboarding day beforehand would make things easier for the new employees. Because new hires will experience some new job anxiety, preparation would help reduce that.
So before the first day, it's better to:
● Send a welcoming email,
● Invite the new employee for an office visit before the orientation day,
● Give them the documents needed,
● Give them a welcoming gift,
● Provide them with a workstation that includes all the necessary equipment,
● Give them access to the software that they'll use.
Online communication channels help with connecting employees. So it is even more critical for new hires to use these online tools. Otherwise, they will not be able to familiarize themselves with their co-workers so quickly. Communicating via online tools also improves work efficiency because it will facilitate how team members collaborate.
For this reason, it's crucial to provide the new hire with platforms such as the company's email and chat apps that their team uses
After the introductory phase, you can encourage your new hires to gain independence by giving them their first tasks. When you provide the new employee with a task that is within their scope of capabilities, it will boost their confidence. However, they will be overwhelmed if you assign them a project that is not manageable. So it's wiser to assign them a task with appropriate difficulty.
A work buddy or a mentor who helps the new employee when problems arise or when they can't figure something out will also be helpful.
The onboarding process can be facilitated through the use of the software. Organizing the information is much easier with software, and it can help maintain a company's positive image. Welcalm enables new hires to reach out for the information they need before they start working for a company.
● Through notifications, they will be reminded of the tasks they need to perform.
● They can be trained through Welcalm.
● They can reach out to people quickly when they need assistance.
With the help of web-based management screens, which track and report certain tasks such as document delivery and training, onboarding becomes more efficient. The document delivery process is accelerated and facilitated with Welcalm by minimizing physical contact.
● Via Welcalm, the new employee is given the information needed about the company.
● Since it's a digital solution, it is less costly than other onboarding solutions. You can streamline your onboarding processes by adding Welcalm to your HR tools, and in this way, you can make the onboarding so much easier.
Every organization, in one way or another, has to undergo some changes in response to the highly dynamic and growing business environment. The change will not only affect your systems, but it will affect your employees as well. As a result, workplace systems and processes need to be updated to be able to compete with other companies.
Your company should have a change management plan to be certain that your employees are being guided during this process. There are some steps you can implement to have an effective strategy.
● Defining the organizational goals and objectives: To start with the change management process, you must find out what you should change and why. In order to facilitate the change management process, you should clearly define your organizational objectives and goals. Otherwise, the change you are trying to implement will not carry your business further.
● Find Out About Who Will be Affected: The next step is to find the effects of change at varying levels within your organization. At this stage, you may check the impacts of the shift in different business units and how the employees are affected. In short, you need to learn about the change's effects and how people will receive it.
● Formulate How You Will Carry Out the Communication: The employees going through significant change need to be communicated with first. The information should be presented incrementally, and the most effective communication medium should also be determined.
● Train Your Employees: Through online modules, face-to-face learning sessions, or mentoring, ensure that your employees receive adequate training. At this stage, you need to determine which mediums for training will be the most appropriate and what you should teach them.
● Assess the Effectiveness of the Change Management Process: For this stage, you should determine whether the employees learned the new objectives. Additionally, you may ask yourself what you could have done differently.
Are you ready to take your organization’s compliance and awareness to the next level?
Request a personalized demo and experience NotiSecure's benefits